Sunday, September 26, 2010

"We're Only Young and Naive Still"




Happy Sunday Funday everyone! It's time to some new music.  I am LOVING this single from New Zealand's pop rock band The Naked and The Famous.  I first heard the song at work (we at Free People get a couple of new CD's every month featuring everything from oldies classics to new stuff).  I love our monthly soundtracks because I'm constantly being introduced to new tunes and consequently new bands.  Because in retail there's rarely ever a moment's rest, I usually end up scribbling lyrics on a piece of receipt paper and shoving it in my pocket - usually to lose it or find it later on.  When "Young Blood" came on between a Mariah Carey throwback and an 80's classic by Outfield, my ears instantly perked up.  I ran home thinking it was Tegan & Sarah, but relentless Google searching yielded zero results.  Only after I had pursued several managers to show me the written store playlist did I discover The Naked and The Famous.  I had never heard of them before, but I was intrigued.  It turns out the New Zealand rockers are fairly new to the music scene; following the release of their first single "All of This" in 2009, the band dropped their first album Passive Me, Aggressive You on September 6th, 2010 which included "Young Blood." "Young Blood" was an instant hit, topping the New Zealand charts for a while.  Strangely, the band is still very much unbeknownst to the international community.  The CD is not readily available on US iTunes, but you can find the songs on Youtube.  Here's the video for "Young Blood"....I think it's pretty cool and well-edited.  Stay tuned for more new music from RR!  Also, check out the band's website.  It's got some cool information about the group and features a fun blog! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment