Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Me Lykke

Lykke Li's new fabulous single "Get Some" has finally been released, and she's giving away the single and B-Side song "Paris Blue" for free!!! All you have to do is sign up for her mailing list.

The lyrics are blatantly sexual in meaning, but the song is anything but vulgar. "Get Some" is a heavenly mix of tribal beats, electric guitar, and haunting harmonies. The almost chant-like quality of the music mixed in with some primal hoots and shouts in the background give the song a natural, almost feral quality that makes you (or maybe it's just me) want to get up, do a little Native American yell, and completely lose all inhibitions and dance my feet off. While its sophisticated mixing makes the song modern, the elemental quality makes the song one that appeals to all senses.

I for one cannot wait for the release of her new album. Youth Novels was amazing, so I can only imagine how much potential her next songs have. I saw her in concert two summers ago, and I was just blown away by her fabulous sense of style and stage presence. She sung a bunch of songs entirely through a mega phone which gave her voice the coolest quality I've ever heard. She's definitely one of my favorite artists.

Check out the graphic viral video for "Get Some" here:



xoxo Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment