Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Pants

Everyone should be familiar with the Friends episode where Joey eats an entire turkey all by himself. And if not, watch it real quick:



Unfortunately for most of the world, there is no formerly pregnant best friend Phoebe to lend us some maternity (Thanksgiving) pants.

I, however, have found a brilliant and chic solution to this problem. My dad recently had surgery on his foot, and when he came home from the hospital the doctors gave him some scrubs to wear since his jeans no longer fit over his cast. This past Saturday he showed me the massive blue pants, made out of paper and large enough to fit three of me in one leg.

All I said to him was, "These are perfect for Thanksgiving." I said it in a dry manner, like I say most everything to my parents. I was bemused, but at the same time a little annoyed that he hadn't shown these pants to me before Thanksgiving when I actually needed them.

When you think about them, they're the perfect Thanksgiving pants. Even better than Joey Tribiani's. They're way bigger, first off. Secondly, the pants have a nice drawstring waist making them more adjustable than elastic. Third, they're a flattering shade of blue not unlike denim, so they're bound to match everything in your closet. And lastly, they're made of paper: cheap and disposable. Wear them for one holiday and throw them out when you've digested all 20 extra pounds you ate that day.

Lesley wears an oversized thrifted leopard print t-shirt that she modified herself with a sheer black cardigan tucked into oversized paper bag waist blue paper hospital pants. She finishes off the look with some black booties.

Hit up your local hospital for a pair. It only costs one surgery.

xoxo Lesley

P.S. This is just a joke, never ever wear these in public ever if you know what's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment