Friday, October 29, 2010

The Ghosts of Halloweens Past - Lucy

I love looking through old pictures.....the photos remind me just how much of a creative and fun childhood I had.  Luckily, my super-organized and camera-savvy mother organizes snapshots in chronological, seasonally ordered albums.  When I proposed pulling a few pics of past costumes for a blog post, she happily obliged.

My parents were always SUPER involved when it came to helping me and my brothers with our costumes.  I have flashbacks of my dad sketching, tracing, measuring, and slicing into styrofoam until 2 am, only to wake up the next morning to some sort of structured masterpiece (to give you an idea, he once created "LaGuardia Airport" for my brother Keenan, who literally wore a layout of the control towers, buildings, and runways).  My mom would drive miles to get me the perfect accessory to complete my look, following up with extravagant front-lawn photoshoots.

I'll admit, some of these costumes I'll boast about to strangers (Tamagotchi - I mean....come on, how creative is that?!), others I had forgotten about completely.  So on that note, let's reminisce....

Blue Fairy - blue is still my favorite color
Shirley Temple - it took 2 hours to curl my hair which fell straight 2 hours later!
Tamagotchi  - my  personal favorite, this costume helped me to win a costume contest in my town and landed me in the paper!
My pirate obsession is still going strong 10 years later
Miss Frizzle! My mom is a science teacher, so she loves this one
Medusa - I had totally forgot about this one....my mom spent hours pinning rubber snakes in my hair....I remember coming home from school and wanting to take them out at the end of the day!

Christopher Robin and Piglet - my mom tells me that I kept running away from her while she was trying to put on my stripes
Anchorman was my ALL-TIME favorite movie in highschool (it still is one of my faves)...my friends Ann, Paola, Nina and I won a school costume contest as San Fran's favorite newsteam


Also from my high school years was an award-winning costume ensemble as the Breakfast Club.  This picture isn't great, but I'm in the front as Andrew (Emilio Estevez)
Hope you enjoyed the pics! Which is your fave???????

Have a happy and safe Halloween!

xo
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment