Monday, December 6, 2010

A Night Out

After a hellish week of late-nights spent in the library slaving over pre-final papers and projects, Lesley and I were seriously anticipating a weekend of fun. After Thursday night's concert and a (relatively) good night of sleep, Friday evening we ventured into chilly Boston for a BC Ski & Snowboard Club-sponsored event at the popular BC bar and dance venue An Tua Nua. This was my first time ever at An Tua, and I have to say I LOVED IT! Good music, good drinks, fun people, and lots of space. I can't wait to go back. Read on to see what outfits we rocked for the night...

As self-described "goths" with a semi-girlie flair, we rock some serious ring collections. Right now, we're digging matte colors like Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails XTreme Wear in "Wet Cement." Clockwise from top left (Rings: black bar ring by Biji for Urban Outfitters, double cross ring from Etsy, silver thumb ring from a Montauk surf shop, hammered silver ring from Free People, gold triple-finger bar ring from F21, B ring from middle school jewelry sale).

I realize that I look topless in this picture, but that's always been a problem when I wear backless American Apparel halter leotards with my hair down. I dub this look "Lady Godiva." Usually I try to wear my hair in a high ponytail so I at least look like I have some kind of a shirt on, but I wanted to wear my new headband with an attached gorgeous cascade of chain and black feathers, so I had to wear my hair loose. Unfortunately the feathers blend in with my hair in this photo (which makes for a nice subtle headpiece I can actually wear to class without looking ridiculous), but stay tuned for another post on feather hairpieces in the future. Anyways... I'm wearing a F21 feather headband, an AA halter leotard, navy blue silk high-waisted shorts from F21, a wide black belt, black tights, and black ankle boots.

I did a modern take on the "Lingerie-Inspired" trend with a dropwaist chiffon chemise thrown over a black bodycon slip, both by Free People. Unfortunately in these frigid temperatures, tights are a necessity, so I paired 'em with my favorite Free People heeled hiker boots. In natural Lucy fashion, I added tons of silver chains and finger hardware (see above).


***Special thanks to Shiva Moshtagh for being our personal RR photographer for the night. Love you babe!

XO Lucy & Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment