Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Amore Eterno Per La Città Eterna

Allora.....senti....lately I've been nostalgic for Roma, where I spent this past spring semester living and studying at the American University of Rome. When I think about the city, strong senses come to mind.  I miss the way the sunlight hit the building facades, the crystal clear azure blue sky, the colorful and creative anarchist graffiti, the constant smell of orange trees, "Stereo Love" ringtones going off left and right....

I distinctly remember myself at this time, one year ago, stressing about finals and simultaneously scrambling to organize all of the documents necessary to obtain an Italian Student Visa....I actually ended up getting swine flu and missing the deadline, but everything worked out (hahaha shout out to Rita P).  I envy the juniors who are now in the process of preparing to study abroad/are doing it now.  If living in Rome taught me anything, it was the surprising exhilaration of spontaneity and the power of fearlessness....a mentality I've tried to carry with me since I've come back in the States.  My life in Italy was an educational, exhausting, adventure - a wild ride that I wouldn't have changed a second of.  In fact, I kind of think I dreamed it.  Here are some snapshots of people and places from my time in the Eternal City:


































Some photos are snagged from the albums of lovely ladies: Maria Grinko, Anastasia Berg, Chrissy Farrell, and Jaclyn Palermo

baci xx
Lucy

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me miss Roma SOOO much!! Rome has such an understated elegance its breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one! Miss you Lucy :)
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete